Friday, February 1, 2008

Does he like me? What should I do?

When you think that a guy is interested in you, but the guy has not explicitly said anything to you, there is a danger that you could have already begun "dating in your mind". This will lead you to be bitter and discontented and stray away from God. From Crosswalk.com, here are a few danger signs to look out for:
  • Do I talk about him a lot to other people?
  • If these other people don’t share my enthusiasm, and even caution me to not cultivate expectations, do I feel deflated and resent their input?
  • Am I going to this event or meeting primarily because he will be there?
  • Am I distracted in church or small-group meetings because of his presence?
  • Do I break other commitments because he’s invited me to do something spontaneously?
  • If he doesn’t talk to me or single me out at events, do I go home disappointed?
  • Am I jealous of the women he does talk to or serve?
  • If he declines one of my invitations, am I tempted to feel rejected?
  • When he does pay attention to me, am I so oriented to him in a group setting that I don’t consider the needs of others around me?
The author offers the following advice if you think he's interested in you.
  • Prayer: Take your petitions to God, for He’s the only one who can change a man’s heart, and this brings His peace to guard our own hearts.
  • Pursuit: It’s not our job as women. Instead, we should have the joy of being pursued.
  • Prevent Disappointment: Check yourself before you head down the slippery slope of desires, demands and expectations that Paul Tripp outlined. When you find your fist closing over good desires and making them demands, stop. Open that clenched fist and hold that desire up in prayer (see point one again).
But seriously, does this work? Read some true stories and get other good advice from the sisters at http://girltalk.blogs.com/girltalk/courtship/

No comments:

Post a Comment